Anything you need to know about BORACAY? Hotels, Restaurants, Bars, Sea and Water Sports , ask me.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Boracay Then and Now

I was in grade five then, an innocent 11 year old boy attending my first regional boy scout jamboree. When our scout coordinator announced in class that the jamboree will be held in Boracay, I was the most excited among the boys, not just it will be held in the most beautiful island, but more than that, I'll get to see my grandma and my cousins who used to be our neighbor, my playmates and my occasional bully and heros.

See? I really don't care about Boracay, except for the fact that its my cousins playground for a period of time, but that was until the day of jamboree has come. The first time I step on its pure sugar like sand, very refined on that matter, I cant explain how happy I was. The crystal clear water, thebeautiful palms lined up along the white beach, the tourists, the boats, everything seems new to me. Yeah it was indeed a paradise, as my grandma describes it every time I'm asking her how Boracay is like when she visits us occasionally.

Ten years after, I graduated my degree course in college. Though my course is not at all in lined with the Hotel Industry, I aimed working in the paradise. I know for a fact that hotel and restaurant industry has limited offer for my course, but I'm way too determined to go back to the paradise. Maybe Lady Luck is with me, I was accepted in one of known hotel in the island. Now I had been working in this paradise for almost seven years and yes, Boracay 17 years ago is totally different now, the Nipa Huts are almost gone, only few are lefts, but nevertheless, it is still the paradise island maybe everyone is dreaming of.  It is still the place I get to dreamed eversince. It is still Boracay, the Island Paradise.

Let me share you some of the pics I had taken before. Disclaimer: I am not a professional photographer so please just bear with me.Note. if the picture appears too small in your screen, please click on it to enlarge

At the northern most part of Boracay, you can see this beautiful and natural rock formations. Very nice for photo shoots and yes its one of the best picnic area in the island, just in any case you want to have intimate moments with your family and uhmmmm your love one. :-)

different angle of the area above.

The White Beach, do I need to say how beautiful and romantic it is while walking side by side and holding the hand of the most special person in your life. This married couple is a perfect example plus the "paraws" adds romance in this picture.

Skimboarding in late afternoon would really be a perfect activity for those who love sports. Of course you can play "beach ultimate" (frisbee) or beach soccer/football and enjoy diving your face on its pure white sand. Believe me, it wont hurt you, but of course, still be careful.

The Aetas. Maybe no one or few had given attentions to this people. They are actually the original settlers of the island but unfortunately they had been displaced in the place they once called theirs. There is an Aeta Community in Bolabog area (back beach) supported by and guided by the Sisters. They produce beautiful handmade products such as necklaces, lampshades and other souvenirs items which is perfect "pasalubong" to our family and friends back home. You can too give your donations just in case you visit the site, they would really appreciate it. :-)

These are the übërly amazing people I work with. The clever and compassionate front office staff, and do I need to say that all are extremely good looking? of course for you its a joke but for us who's always on our conceited mode, its not LOL.(L-R me, shing, sam, des and carl)

Soon I will be posting more about Boracay.

13 comments:

  1. Never been to Boracay, but thank you for sharing your paradise with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mugen- welcome buddy. salamat sa pagdalaw :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Punta me diyan very soon.hope to see you.Anong hotel yan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey DR- nasa FB ko kng saan hotel ako nag wowork :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cousin , you're amazing, good job Cous...keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salamat pod, practice lang naman :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never pa ako nakapunta ng boracay and nice pics

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, bagong blog. ngaun lang nakadalaw, kachechek ko lng ng twitter ko ahehe..

    ReplyDelete
  9. @lonewolf- who knows sometime soon makapunta ka din dito :-)

    @mark- oo bago to, one of my silent advocacy to promote this island. pinag iisipan ko pa nga gang nayun ano isasagot ko sa patimpalak mo. kung bakit naman kasi puro manok ang subject hahahaha sana ginawa mo na lang lahat birds :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha, sagot na dali ahehe,me dagdag akong gifts.wahehe simple lang ang mga sagot hindi nakailangan pahirapan ang sarili ehehe..

    ReplyDelete
  11. can't wait to visit Boracy... hopefully next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pupunta din ako ng Boracay next year.. malapit lang ako, Iloilo. :D Kitakits!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @tonto-wag akong madaliin ayoko nang napipresure. gusto ko manalo kaya pinag-iisipan kong mabuti LOL

    @PA-sana matuloy ka next year para may mabasa naman ako about Boracay from you. nice blogs :-)

    @leah--yeah lapit lang kita-kits. Ikaw ang unang blogger na mamemeet ko :-)

    ReplyDelete